CenGen offers various genomics-related services to plant breeders, producers and agricultural-related industries. The focus is to implement and utilise high-throughput molecular technologies in various applications involving crop and horticultural plants as well as fungi (e.g. wheat, barley, maize, grapevine, citrus, deciduous fruit- and nut trees, truffles and a range of plant pathogens).
We are flexible in terms of experimental layout and sample size and customise projects according to every client’s needs.
- Cultivar identity determinations and purity testing using DNA fingerprinting techniques
- Agricultural pathogen detection
- Confirmation of the presence or absence of specific genes to assist in selection of breeding lines (marker-assisted selection)
- Confirmation of species’ identity (e.g. for truffle production)
- CenGen is also engaged in Research and Development by means of our involvement in various academic research projects in which we develop many of the tools we apply to the benefit of the industry